Join any time
The Law Society membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June but new memberships are welcome throughout the year, with pro-rata rates available*.
Persons entitled to become members of the Law Society of Western Australia become members on application to the Council and on payment of all subscriptions then due and payable.
Select a membership type that best fits you:
As an Ordinary member you have access to:
- Cap your occupational liability through the Professional Standards Scheme
- 30+ specialist committees to become involved with
- Member pricing at leading seminars and webinars
- CPD Freedom subscription for great value
- Accreditation programmes through Quality Practice Standard (QPS), and Accredited Family Law Practitioner
- Access to Brief, Friday Facts, CPD News and other regular communications
- Practitioners Advice Referral Service for assistance if you are subject to a complaint with the Legal Practice Board or Senior Advisors Panel to discuss confidential professional conduct and ethical issues
*pro rata rates available (terms and conditions apply)
Find your membership category:
- Online via Credit Card: Pay online with a credit card via our membership application form (new members) or renew by logging in to the member MyPage (existing members)
- Cheque: Post the application form or invoice remittance advice with your cheque made payable to: Law Society of Western Australia
- Part Payment Plan: A part payment plan is available via the Change of Membership and Payment Type Form to eligible Individual Members and/or Sole Practitioners to pay membership fees in instalments. Please see Information Sheet, for full terms please click here.
If paying by cheque please send the required documentation to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Law Society of Western Australia, PO Box Z5345, Perth WA 6831
The Law Society offers a category of membership for members who are taking unpaid leave, for example maternity, parental, carers, study or stress/sick leave. We recognise the challenges that may arise when you are out of the profession for an extended period of time without remuneration.
If you are taking this type of leave for a period of between 6 and 12 months, your membership fee can now be suspended. During this time, you can continue to enjoy the Society’s member benefits and privileges. You will also be entitled to a 50% discount on Law Society CPD seminars during this period until you have earned your required number of CPD points. For more information, please see our policy regarding On Leave Membership, or to apply complete the Application Form.